Traditional colorful Nasir al-Mulk Mosque (Masjid Nasir ol molk) mosque Shiraz, Shiraz Iran
Nasir al-Mulk Mosque (Nasir ol molk) is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran.
Located in Goade-e-Araban place near the famous Shah Cheragh mausoleum, it was built during the Qajar era, and is still in use, and is protected by Nasir al Mulk’s Endowment Foundation. It was built by the order of Mirza Hasan Ali Nasir al Molk, one of the lords of the Qajar Dynasty, in 1876 and was finished in 1888. The disigners were Mohhammad Hassan-e-Memar and Mohhammad Reza Kashi Paz-e-Shirazi.
Restoration, protection and maintenance of this valuable monument, observing all international standards on historical places, has duly begun and is continuing by The Nasir Al-Molk Endowment Foundation; one of the largest in Fars Province which is under administration of Mr. Mahmood Ghavam that is active and devotes most of its yearly income in feeding the poor during and after the religious ceremonies of Moharram and Safar and also on the renovation of its precious mosque.